Monday, September 12, 2011

Coincidences

How do we know when things "just happen" to us and when things are destined to happen to us? Is it always only one or the other, or do random events happen in conjunction with some sort of cosmic plan (from a god or otherwise)? These are questions I have especially after what just happened in my last hour of working at the pool.

I had spent my entire shift doing nothing but writing on my blog, and reading a book from the Bible that Dave suggested to me after our meeting today. There wasn't a soul there all day long. The guy who I relieved at 3 today had said that no one had been there during his whole shift either. So about quarter after 8 a guy comes in and does some PT exercises because he was in a car accident last year. He starts talking to me, finds out that I'm a recent graduate and looking for employment. He then tells me that he co-owns a financial planning company and they're looking for someone to be the marketing assistant for them. And after some more conversation about the responsibilities of the job, he tells me that he thinks I'd be perfect for it. He tells me the number to call and who to speak with and then he tells me to come by the office before I even interview, so that the other woman can meet me beforehand and so I can get the lay of the land in advance so I'm comfortable when I come in and interview. He said as long as this woman and his business partner liked me, I would be good for the job. At the end of our conversation, he told me that I really presented myself well.

I was so unbelievably floored. This whole interaction was so unexpected. I don't know what to make of this whole thing really. I prayed earlier today, after my meeting with Dave. He suggested it and I was REALLY skeptical about it since I really didn't even know how to pray. But I gave it a go. I'm hesitant to chalk this up to my first prayer ever, but it's interesting. I prayed again on my way home tonight. I don't know if you're supposed to pray while you're driving at 65 mph on the JFX, but I don't really care.

But if that was too religious for you all, I'm now going to watch Religulous (a documentary by the famed atheist Bill Maher). So... stay posted? Also, I'm totally calling this company tomorrow because this could be one of the best things to ever happen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment